Saturday, September 6, 2008

Hanna's Coming

We are expecting some serious rain here in northern Connecticut later today from storm Hanna and the southern part of the state may see hurricane conditions. But, it's pretty unusual for is to see a hurricane or tropical storm make landfall this far north, and I am so grateful for that. My heart goes out to all of you who are dealing with the aftermath of these latest storms.

So what's a girl to do while she waits for the deluge? Well, I think I'll get out to Michael's early to stock up on supplies (Ack! I'm almost out of Pop Dots). That's what you do before a big storm, right? You stock up on essential supplies and hunker down for the duration. I'm going to hunker down and stamp today.

In the meantime, I have a card I made last weekend to share with you. I used the Designer Tiles technique from the lastest Technique Junkies newsletter and stamps from Starving Artistamps. I used a variety of green inks: Memento Pear Tart, Fluid Chalk Olive Paster, and Marvy Matchables Jungle Green. For the embossing on the one, I used Ranger Tarnished Gold, which is my very favorite gold EP. I bought a big container of it eons ago, so I couldn't even tell you if they make anymore.



Wishing you all a safe and dry Saturday...
Donna

7 comments:

  1. We're expecting to get pounded today as well, but I didn't think to stop by Michael's to stock up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all goes well for your town today and the storm passes right by! Your card is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you safety ... what a lovely lovely card ... gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just as gorgeous here as on TJ, Dee. I love everything you did with the colors and the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good girl getting in the important stuff!! My sister lives in Raleigh NC and the rain was horrible there. My favorite mall flooded! Stay dry and busy! Love the card AS ALWAYS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this - I've been looking at this tech in my newsletter and I have not given it a try yet... But has inspired me - and I love the EP - wonder if they still make it??? Now I'll have to give it a try!

    I did try the Bandanna tech... visit my blog and check it out if you get a chance...

    www.kattoys.blogspot.com

    Hope Hanna is not giving you too much trouble. Stay dry and safe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is fabulous. Your blog is the second blog I started visiting on a regular basis and launched me onto discovering many more talented stampers and card makers. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!