Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Starving Artistamps Classic Decor Blog Hop

Come on in! You've found the Starving Artistamps DoodleFactory Classic Decor Blog Hop. We're celebrating the release of some brand new, very fun DoodleFactory images...Classic Decor and a set of sentiments to go along with them! I've used some of the images on my cards, but there are more, and there's blog candy hidden somewhere, so make sure you visit all the blogs in our hop. I'm the second stop, so if you didn't come here from the Starving Artistamps Company Blog, you should head over there first.

Juliana Swanson at Stampin with Inky Fingers is next in our hop. Juliana is an amazingly brilliant designer AND she's turning the big 40 today, so you'll definitely want to stop in over there to see her cards and give her a shout out for her birthday! There's a list of all the blogs in the hop at the end of my post...just in case you lose your way.

I've got some pretty awesome cards for you (if I do say so myself), but before I get to them I want to tell you about the awesome special that Tracey is offering on the new set. For 3 days only (July 8th-10th), buy both the complete collection of stamps and the coordinating sentiments and get enough cling cushion to mount them FREE.

OK...now for my cards! This one is paper pieced with Basic Grey Offbeat papers and kraft cardstock. The black accents are done with a glaze pen so that it looks like laquer, and colored accents are done with Copic markers. I thought this one would be a nice way to present an Ikea or Crate and Barrel gift card.

Next is another room scene using Basic Grey Marrakech paper with Copic marker coloring. Don't you just love that cuckoo clock?
And, here's another room scene that doesn't use any printed paper at all. All of the images are colored with Copic markers, and I made my "wallpaper" with the Fern Leaf Tooled Leather background stamp.


Now for the grand finale! What in the world is Yapples up to now?!? You just never know where he's going to turn up! This one is colored with Inktense pencils on watercolor paper. I embossed the chandelier, wet the paper with a mister, then used a waterbrush to pick up color from the pencil tips to create the tie dyed background. The rest is basic watercoloring, and you can't see in the photo, but I added Stickles to the chandelier to make it sparkle.


Blog Hop List
Starving Artistamps Company Blog
Me
Juliana Swanson
Donna Baker
Kathy Daume'
Lori Tecler
Lydia Fiedler
Andrea Cloutier
Natasha Trupp
Irene Silva
Dawn Mercedes
Jenn McMillan
Nina Aaslund
Laura Davis
Kazan Clark
Tracey Berkey

43 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Donna! These are all fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! They are all FABULOUS!! I love the colors and patterns!! AND the fact that Zot (aka Little ME) is framed!!

    Wonderfully done, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really did an amazing job with these. I LOVE the papers you chose for your upholstery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! I like the colors and the stamp sets and yes, every once in a while I swing from the chandaleirs here at home;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your paper piecing is amazing! I think your 4th card with the chandelier is too funny! Great color and paper choices too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome cards Donna!! And Yapples does seem the type to swing off chandeliers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so creative, thank you for the eye candy! Hopping on to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all stunning cards!! So much amazing detail! I love what you did with the frames! That chandelier is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna, I truly love your cards! That first one is so well coordinated and the perfect classy look to kick off this release.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! love your cards, especially the one with mini Zot - Come for Coffee, clever to mix those!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG - love your cards!!

    What fun! Thanks for being part of the cool blog hop. I love seeing all of the talent and inspiration from everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! These cards are simply fabulous! I just love all the paper piecing. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What FUN artwork! Fabulous detail & fabulous creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, i am already falling in love with this set--the sentiments are PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely examples of paper piecing. Beautiful way to use the new set!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow! what striking cards you've made! awesome display of the new collection! I'm love it!

    Clouds :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww, I love chair stamps! Your samples are beautiful...as usual! Fun fun little scenes. So many possibilities with these sets, huh!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are fantastic ... love those paper pieced rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job! I love everything about the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What fabby cards. Love the new stamp set and those sentiments are great.

    M.E.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous, Donna! The Basic Grey papers work so well with these images, don't they? I love the framed mini Zot image!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, Donna, your cards are absolutely stunning! I just LOVE the cards with Basic Gray-papers - they are GORJUSS!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Basic Grey works so well with these images. Very elegant and inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful cards - I especially love the Yapples one with the chandelier! Great images, too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow - so detailed! I love all your cards! The last one is hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. what cute cards, I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Donna, these cards are great! I adore the chandelier one!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. These stamps are fun, fun, fun! love the cards you made!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What fun, cute cards!! Love the rooms you designed!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your cards are lovely! I especially like the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are just fablous and oh so elegant. I love the wallpaper that you made yourself and all those rooms so nicely decorated...I wish my house looked like those rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  32. OH MY GOSH!!! These are the most adorable cards EVER!!! I think my heart just skipped a beat! Yum, Yum, Yum:)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my gosh!! These are FABULOUS!! I love all the paper piecing you did and how you snuck in the DF creatures!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, you have such beautiful cards and all the detail is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  35. You create such stunning scenes! Way to rock the CPS sketch this week.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the paper piecing. Such a fun way to use your stamps. Your project is just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  37. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!