Saturday, September 29, 2007

Christmas in September

This is the card I was working in when I shot the photo for my banner. I thought you'd like to see it finished! I work on my Christmas cards year round, but you can be sure that I'll still be scrambling to make a few more at the last minute!

Those of you who are familiar with Outlines Rubber Stamps will recognize this a one of their designs right away. I find the geometric designs very appealing for some reason. It must just be the way my brain is wired because I'm also an avid quilter.

Anyway, this card uses three stamps in all: an Outlines geometric background, an Outlines greeting, and a polka dot background stamp from Stamp Camp. I think the Outlines stamps I used have been discontinued, but they have very similar ones available if you're interested in making one of these cards. The technique is simple, just stamp your images on different colors of cardstock, emboss and/or color as desired, cut out the different elements, and finally layer everything using mounting foam for dimension. On this card, I used Prismacolor markers for coloring, embossed my images with clear embossing powder, cut some of the layers with scalloped scissors, and added a few rhinestones for some glitz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!