Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Aaaaah!

I don't know about you, but as much as I love Christmas, I love the day after even more! We had a wonderful holiday with our kids and grandkids -- I hope yours was wonderful too.

Santa was very, very good to me this year. I am now the proud owner of some new Magenta and Penny Black stamps, Fluid Chalk ink pads, and a couple of paper punches. Still on the way are a set of Prismacolor markers, Lyra watercolor crayons, and some pearlescent acrylic paints. Yes. Santa was very, very good! I've also got piles and piles of new rubber from smARTworks and Starving Artistamps. Can you guess what I'll be doing the rest of the week?

Here's my first non-Christmas card in what seems like forever. These stamps are from Starving Artistamps -- one of the horses from set 6012, P14.09 grass, and the ornate tooled leather background. The layout for this card comes from Splitcoast Stampers Sketch Challenge 156. I stamped the background with Brilliance Graphite Black ink and added some highlights with a cream Prismacolor pencil. The horse is embossed with black embossing powder, and to ground the image, I stamped the grass with red dye ink. I sponged the edges of the pieces with black ink just to grunge them up a bit and embellished with natural twill tape and a piece of chenille cord. Not my usual style, but I really had fun with this one. Hmmm...what should I play with next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!