Thursday, September 30, 2010

One Studio Fits All

It's been so long since I posted. I was on vacation last week and we've been generally busy, but really, time isn't the problem. It's more of a lack of direction. I've been toying with the idea of doing two blogs, one for cards and one for my art, but when it came right down to it, that idea stopped me cold. So back to the one blog for everything. Just like my real studio, which is packed to overflowing with supplies for all the different things I do, this blog will be for everything. There. That feels better already!

So what have I been working on, you ask? I've got several projects going (I always do), and today I'll show you a couple that I've actually finished.

I mentioned awhile back that I had become a member of the Technique Junkies Design Team, and since the October newsletter has been mailed and is also available online, I can start sharing the cards I made with you. The two I'm sharing today were published in the hard-copy version of the newsletter.

The first card uses a technique called Puzzle Layers.  The image is from Twisted Papers, and I colored it with Copic markers.  I didn't color the entire image three times, just the parts I needed, but I will admit that this one took some time to do.
My second card was much quicker to make.  The technique is called By the Inch, and it's a great way to use up leftover technique sheets.  I started off with a sheet I made using the Antique Wallpaper technique from the June 2010 newsletter.  The stamps I used are from I Brake for Stamps.



It's going to be a nasty, rainy day here today so I plan to spend it in my studio.  I'm not sure which project I'll decide to work on, but I'll be in there doing something, and I promise I'll have more to share soon!

Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. I love that puzzle layer card!! I have to do a Travel page in January for 15 members of a book club, and that idea is fab!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these cards you've done Donna are glorious! I will admit the first card appeals to the girl in me, and the girl in me always knows what she likes.
    I hear you about blog decisions and glad you've made yours. Take it from me, it is far easier to maintain one instead of two. But if you ever go to two, I have no doubts you'll do it with finesse.
    Glad you had a good vacation and welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of these cards.....the new TJ newsletter is great and I can hardly wait til I can order the new cd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are beyond gorgeous!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!