Friday, January 14, 2011

I'm a Design Junkie and Loving It

I was always sure it would be, but with a few months as a design team member under my belt, I can absolutely say that this is one sweet gig.  I get to play with art supplies, Pat and the other team members are awesome, and the Technique Junkies tutorials are amazing...it just doesn't get any better!

The design team collectively maintains a blog, Design Junkies, featuring techniques from the various newsletters, CDs and the website that Pat publishes.  I contribute on the second and fourth Friday of each month and since this is the second Friday in January, I have a card to share.  The technique I chose to feature is called Pencil Highlights and it was published in the Sept./Oct. 2010 issue of the newsletter.  The stamp I used for the technique (on the background panel) is from Rubber Stampede.   The rose, which I embossed with Ranger Tea Dye Distress Embossing Powder, is from the DoodleFactory Backlit Blooms collection from Starving Artistamps.

When we post cards to the Design Junkies blog we index them by technique name, and we've started to build a nice gallery of samples.   If you're a newsletter subscriber looking for recent examples of older techniques, be sure to grab a cuppa sometime and give the blog a browse.  For those of you who aren't subscribers yet :), there's still plenty of inspiration to be had so grab a cuppa and head on over there too.

Thanks for stopping by my studio, and Happy Friday!

1 comment:

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!