Monday, May 19, 2008

Where in the World Has Dee Been?

Greetings from Kansas! I've been here on a quilting retreat with a group of like-minded friends. Why Kansas, you ask? Well, first of all two of my friends live here, and secondly, I like excitement. And, there's nothing quite as exciting as tornadoes! We've been lucky and nothing has come close to us where we are staying. So far my only encounter has been with a pet tornado my DH bought me for a souvenier...kind of a tornado in a jar kind of thingy.

Anyway, it's high time I post a few new pics on this blog o mine. Here's a card I made just before I left. The stamps are from Starving Artistamps, and the technique is Rock and Roll done with Fluid Chalk inks. The striped background uses the Cuttlebug Smoosh technique from one of the recent Technique Junkies Newsletter.

The second picture is me with the quilt top I pieced this week. I haven't had time to do much sewing lately, and I really have enjoyed having this time. It's a simple pattern to be sure, but I wanted something I could finish while I was here. All of the fabrics are batiks, and my plan is to quilt it with an all-over meander pattern. I'm really going to try to get in done in the next few weeks. Feel free to keep me honest by asking about my progress often!

Have a safe and pleasant Memorial Day.

1 comment:

  1. I love the card and the quilt both! I hope you had a good time at your little quilting
    "retreat!" My Mom is a big-time quilter, and I used to be, too (before my stamping addiction), so I can definitely understand the fun of getting away to do nothing else! Looks great! Post it again when it's quilted!!!

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!