Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Let's Make Scraplings!

It's my turn to host the next smARTworks Tea Party challenge, and after looking at the huge pile of scraps I've accumulated, I decided that we should make Scraplings. What's a Scrapling? There are no hard and fast rules because the idea is to use scraps you have lying around, but a Scrapling is usually a folded card about 4-1/4 by 1-3/4 inches (made from a strip of card stock 8-1/2 by 1-3/4 inches). My instruction to the other Cookies is that anything goes...just use scraps and odd and ends as much as possible in your creations.

We'll be posting our Scraplings next Wednesday, April 8th. What about you? How about grabbing some scraps and joining us?

I also have a card to share with you today. This was a simple card to make and came together quickly, and I really like the way it came together. I did the main panel with watercolor crayons direct to rubber and lightly misted with water before stamping. I stamped the edges of each mat using chalk ink a few shades darker than my card stock, and also stamped the sentiment with chalk ink. That's really all there was to it...like I said, easy! The stamps I used are from the smARTworks Daisy Square set.

See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!