Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Tea and Scraplings


Looks like I'm late to my own party. I've had a busy couple of weeks, which I knew would be a grind, but thank goodness, I think I'm in the home stretch. I'm just playing a bit of catch-up this week, and all should be back to normal next week.

I did find some time to make scraplings for the Tea Party challenge, though. I grabbed a bunch of my favorite smARTworks images and limited myself to paper from my scrap piles (the one on top of my table, preferably), and embellies that were almost gone or languishing at the bottom of the drawer. All of my coloring for these was done with Copic markers.

Most of what I did is pretty straight forward, but I should explain the process for the purple one in the middle since all is not what it may seem to be. That isn't a piece of purple paper that I used. Instead, I took a scrap of white paper and colored it with a pale lavender Copic marker. I then stamped the flowers in black, masked the flower heads, and over-stamped the sentiment in purple chalk ink (Wisteria to be exact). Once I had that done, I used my colorless blender to remove the purple color from the flowers. This works great on some papers, but not others. I used Georgia Pacific and I know that Neenah Classic Crest also works well. You might want to test on a small scrap first to be sure that your colorless blender will remove enough of the background color.

Dina wasn't able to participate this week, but the other Cookies have some way cool scraplings to share...check them out!

Susan (and Sarah)
Donelda
Giovana
Trish

3 comments:

  1. All of these are so cheerful, and individually different that I honestly can't pick a favorite.

    Thank you for such a fun challenge.

    Susan T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pieced bunny with the "grass" is adorable - how perfect would it be on a basket? Very cool info on the purple card (although I'm currently chatting "I don't need copics! I don't need copics!). The ladybug card is super cute, too; love the row of buttons. Thanks for the fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Donna, I love all your scraplings. I was so excited that you picked scraplings because I love them...but then go the dates mixed up and was away for holidays until late late late last night. Anyway, my scrapling is posted today (Thurs). Thanks for explaining the purple technique....I am going to have to try that one!! I love all the little embellies on your scraplings! Something I need to remember to do more of!!

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!