Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I've been knitting up a storm lately

Knitting has been an on again, off again thing with me since I was twelve or so.  Right now its on again and I've been trying to use up some of my stash of yarn.  It's not a big stash by any means, but substantial enough that I can't justify buying too much more.  I do buy a little more, though, now and then--it's just too hard to resist.

Since about half of my stash one or two skeins and leftovers of this and that, I decided that the best way to use it up would be to do some charity knitting.  This little set is one that I donated to an auction to benefit a local high school scholarship fund.

Those of you who are knitters will recognize the little jacket as Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket.  For those of you who aren't familiar, Elizabeth published the pattern in her newsletter in the 1960's and it's been a classic ever since.  It's knit all in one piece and the surprise part is that it folds origami-style into this cute little jacket.  It was so fun and easy to knit that I'm thinking about casting on another one. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Well for criminy sakes...you even knit beautifully! lol That is darling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, you never run out of surprises! If just for you, I wish I were back in CT.

    Edith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, just love this little set it is so darling. Thanks for sharing!
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I messed up, so not sure my comment came throught, but I love your knit set, and your cards are lovely!

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!