Sunday, April 6, 2008

Back to Birthday Cards...

Live your life and forget your age. Don't you just love that sentiment? The sentiment and flower stamp are both from smARTworks.

The flower stamp is just two flowers; I did some basic masking and stacked them up vertically. I colored the flowers with Prismacolor pencils and odorless mineral spirits. With the exception of the dark brown cardstock, all of the papers I used are from my Basic Grey scrap pile. The stitching is faux because I have NO room to set up any of my four sewing machines at the moment. The layout is from this week's sketch challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. I cheated just a little and used two different (but very similar) papers for the top and bottom bands so that I could use up some small scraps.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! Inapires me to get into that ever growing pile of scraps. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You really know how to do collage well. Your card is just stunning, Dee!

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!