Monday, April 28, 2008

Watercolor Poppies

I've really been enjoying Jen Del Muro's Sketch for You to Try challenge. Here's this week's sketch and the same Starving Artistamps Silhouette Poppies stamp that I used on yesterday's card. I also used Cracked Grout Mosaic and Pretty Background stamps for the BG panels. I stamped the backgrounds with Dark Moss and Cadmium Yellow chalk inks onto coordinating card stock. I colored the poppies with watercolor crayons directly onto the rubber and spritzed the stamp with water, and then stamped onto watercolor paper. The rust stripe is embossed with a Cuttlebug Distressed Stripes folder.

Enjoy the rest of your day. It's a rainy one here, but that's OK because we really did need it.

2 comments:

  1. I really love this! I am going to have to CASE you...
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - isn't it fun to achieve such different looks with the same stamps? You are amazing. Go Donna!

    D

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!