Monday, June 30, 2008

What was I Thinking?

I decided that it was high time that I replace my clunker of a PC with a bright and shiney new laptop. While I was at it, and because I had both my Economic Stimulus check and my bonus from work burning a hole in my pocket, I decided to replace my printer with a slick new wireless one, upgrade my digital camera AND buy Adobe Photoshop Elements.

You'd think that with all that technology at my disposal I'd be making twice as many posts with gorgeous graphics. Um, no. Now I have to figure out how to use all this stuff! I've pretty much got the wireless network up and running. The laptop is functional, but I'm still in the process of transferring my files and software. I played with the camera a little bit, but I have so much more to learn. It's a Nikon CoolPix (10.1 MP with 18x optical zoom) and I can already tell that IT ROCKS, so hopefully my pictures will get better. My printer is still in the box.

Anyway, long story long, please bear with me while I finish my upgrades. I'm hoping to have things restored to some semblance of order by the end of the week. Then, maybe I can start making those incredibly polished posts with gorgeous photography. I might even be able to put together a tutorial or two.

In the meantime, here's a card that I made last weekend. The stamps are from The Cat's Pajamas It's a Mod, Mod World, and my primary reason for making this card was to play with my new Copic markers. Clearly I could use a bit more practice. Unlike playing the clarinet, however, coloring with Copics is fun, so I'll make sure I get plenty of practice. The printed paper is from the Basic Grey Cupcake 6x6 pad.

See you in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!