Monday, August 18, 2008

More DoodleFactory Fun

Have you checked out any of the sentiment sets that go with the DoodleFactory collections at Starving Artistamps? Tracey and Heidi have been doing a fabulous job coming up fun and quirky sentiments, and this one just cracks me right up. I actually chuckle everytime I think of it. Yup, I'm pretty easily amused!

My little scene is color with Copics, and that in itself was quite an adventure. It was pretty humid the day I did this, and I can tell you first hand that the markers don't blend as well on damp paper! I was determined to use them, though, because some of them were brand-spankin' new. Since I was having so much trouble with blending, I didn't even want to attempt doing a blended sky. Instead I used the chisel tip on two shades of pale blue and loosely covered the background. I then went over the whole this with colorless blender to fade the colors somewhat. The frog and the big mushroom are popped up on dimensionals, mostly because I didn't stamp things in the right order to do a mask like I did for the small mushrooms.

I also got one of the Cuttlebug border embossing sets new last week, so I just had to use one of them on this card. Those things are way, way cool! If you have a Cuttlebug, they're a must have as far as I'm concerned!

OK...what else? The sketch is from Splitcoast Stampers Sketch Challenge #189. There. I think that covers it!

3 comments:

  1. Cute as usual! I'm with you on the quirky sentiment - too funny! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love this! I keep saying it...GOTTA get me some Doodlefactory stamps!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like it when I just come across cards that are made from starving art stamps. They really are so cute, I really need to get some. Your card is so wonderful. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!