Sunday, August 17, 2008

My Last smARTworks Challenge

My term on the smARTworks Design Team ended Friday. Susan asked me to stay on, but sadly, I had to say no because of my crazy schedule. BUT...I still love smARTworks, so you'll still see plenty of smARTworks images on this blog. I also understand that there just might be a change to the smART Cookies Tea Party challenges that would allow me to participate. You know me...I love a party!

I made this card for the last Design Team challenge that I participated in, which Susan unveiled on Friday. The stamp set we all received is called Emerge and features this cute little guy along with a nice selection of sentiments. Visit Susan's In the Works blog and you could win a set of your own.

For the background (eggshell), I used a Technique Junkies technique called Faux Handmade paper. I stamped my turtle on scraps of green and brown patterned paper (Basic Grey, probably), and then added shading with Copic markers. You can't see it in this photo, but I've got several different layers to give the turtle some dimension, and I colored over his eyes with a clear glaze pen to make them shine. He really came to life when I did that!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend...it's been a real beauty here.
And last, but not least...CONGRATULATIONS, Michael Phelps!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your card! This is a really neat set. I'm so sad to see you leave the Cookies! ;0( I'm sure you made the right decision for you, and I look forward to continuing to see your awesome creations here.

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!