Monday, August 3, 2009

Finally...I'm Back!

It's been awhile since I last posted, so I'll start right off with a new card. The images are brand new from Starving Artistamps and are part of the DoodleFactory Into the Woods collection. I used the Scene Silhouettes tutorial from Technique Junkies to make the background. The tree is stamped with timber brown Stazon ink and I colored the "circleberries" with Smooch ink. Squip the squirrel is colored with Copic markers.

So...now...why did it take me so long to recover from my laptop disaster? Well, it was a classic case of one thing leads to another. I ended up replacing my laptop entirely since the repair was going to be fairly costly anyway. Then, since I was getting a new laptop, I figured it was also time to upgrade my internet service and get a wireless modem to replace the not all that reliable network I had patched together. And...while I was upgrading stuff, I also figured it was high time to get rid of the awful Razr phone I was using and get an iPhone instead. Then, as if that weren't enough, I decided that I really didn't need to have any computer equipment upstairs anymore, so I moved my printer into my studio, which lead to some major cleaning and reorganizing. Phew! My head is still spinning from it all. But, I love my iPhone, my new laptop is nicer than the old one, I LOVE having my printer in my studio, and everything is all neat and clean and organized. Check it out!



4 comments:

  1. Oh nice room. I see where you do your wonderful work now. Good setup. But wait....where is your sewing machine? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card from the new set! That coloring is fantastic.

    Congratulations on all the upgrades - what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice .... you wanna come to my place next and get me all organized??? -snort- I love that wacky squirrel!!! What a great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful creative space! It makes my eyes pop out like the little dude on your card! (Just kidding, just kidding!) Speaking of nuts (awesome sentiment!), I think some circleberries sound good for breakfast! LOL

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!