Thursday, August 6, 2009

{Insert Clever Title Here}

I've been sitting here for 10 minutes trying to think of a clever title for this post. I give up!

Here's the card I made tonight using the new DoodleFactory Prehistoric set from Starving Artistamps. I colored my dino with Copic markers and created scales using a technique I learned at my Copic certification class. Just color as you would normally, including shading, and then use the tip of your colorless blender to create light spots. You need to go slowly and hold the tip in one place for a second to get the effect, but I love the way it come out.

The printed papers I used are Basic Grey Archaic (6x6), and I also used a couple of Technique Junkies tutorials--Simple Whitewash and Outside the Box. Oh yeah, and the sketch is from Splitcoast Stampers Sketch challenge #240.

{Insert witty closing here}

Hahaha...maybe I'll be more clever tomorrow...then again, probably not. Later!

2 comments:

  1. oh wow, I totally thought you paper pieced the dino body! nice technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. AWESOME image
    2. Love that paper! I have hoarded mine and not allowed myself to use it!!!
    3. Love the little embellies on the left.
    4. I'm not very witty this morning. Sorry!
    LOL

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!