Sunday, September 21, 2008

Lots to Talk About Today

I'll start off with what I think is just the coolest thing...I got my first blog award thanks to Shirley at Card Art, Etc. "My first award", LOL, looks like my head has swelled and I'm already planning to receive more awards! Not really...I'm just excited to have received the I Love Your Blog award. I "know" Shirley from the Technique Junkies group, and she creates some of the most amazing artwork. Be sure to check out her blog!

Recipients of this award are asked to post the award, link it back to the person who sent it to them, and then pass it on to 7 more recipients. Not an easy task for me. Not because there aren't tons of deserving recipients, but because I never seem to have the time to find them all. And, as Shirley has already said, if you take the time to blog so that you can share your creations with the rest of us, you automatically deserve an award! But, I need to pick 7, so here they are: Donna at Serenity in Stamping, Barb at Stampelicious, Natasha at Palm Trees and Pogosticks, Rose Ann at Paper Delightz, Jacquie at Simple Reflections about Quilting, Cats and Kids, Linda at Linda Quilts Too, and Donna at Quilting Grandma. Thanks for sharing your creations with the rest of us

And...I have a card to share too! The stamps I used are from the DoodleFactory Witch's Brew set available at Starving Artistamps. My paper is mostly from my scrap pile (where to all those scraps come from?), except for the background, which is Cosmo Cricket Hello Sunshine. I used Brilliance Graphite Black ink and colored my spider with Copic markers. The sentiment is stamped multiple times using a Stamp-a-ma-jig to keep everything lined up. If you don't have one of those babies, run to your nearest stamp store and get one. Seriously

And finally, to close out this post, which I think may be my longest ever, I just wanted to share some photos I took while walking on the trail in back of my house yesterday. (Hmmm...longest sentence ever too?) We are just starting to see some color in the trees and the air is dry and crisp. My favorite time of year!

4 comments:

  1. thanks for the award, Donna! sweet. your card is so great & thanks for sharing your nature photos, they are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award, Donna!! You deserve it, and I'm sure you'll receive many more! Thanks for passing it on, and for sharing your beautiful photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, Dee, first of all, just how do you rate living in such a beautiful place. Next, you are such an artist yourself, lady, and third, your Halloween card is just so cute. I love what you did with the (dew drop, rhinestones, or brads). I can't tell which, but they are so cute on that web! Love the ribbons too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card - and thanks for sharing those beautiful photos Donna!!!

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!