Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tea Party 13: CASE Us!

Dina came up with a really fun challenge this time...CASE the Design Team. Those of us who are on the team were given assignments, and mine was to CASE Giovana. Her cards are ALL lovely, so I did have a bit of a hard time choosing. I finally settled on her Sending Love... card for several reasons.

I really like the clean and uncluttered layout and the almost monochromatic color scheme. I also LOVE the look of stitching on a card. And, she used Stickles and bling and ribbon. That clinched it!

So...for my version, I tried to keep the elements that attracted me to the card and changed the colors and the stamps to make it my own. Mine is done in shades of violet, and I used stamps from the Daisy Square and Friendship's Flowers sets. I was very tempted to actually drag out my sewing machine and do some real stitching, but in the end, I opted for faux stitching and piercing.

I can't wait to see what the others come up with, and I'm hoping to see some of you join us, too! Trish is having a very busy week and couldn't join us, but here are links for the rest of the team:

Dina CASEing Donelda
Donelda CASEing Donna (Me)
Giovana CASEing Peggy
Peggy CASEing Susan
Susan gets Owner's Choice

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. WOW Donna, I love your version!!! Your card is really pretty.
    I had a lot of fun casing and creating.

    Have a great day!!
    Giovana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE your card! Beautifully done!

    This Tea Party was so much fun! I couldn't resist...I had to CASE three cards! Here are the ones I did:

    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1271122?cat=500&ppuser=133522

    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1271128?cat=500&ppuser=133522

    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1271143?cat=500&ppuser=133522

    Thanks for inviting us to participate!!!

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!