Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tea Time!

Time for another smARTworks Tea Party challenge and this time, Donelda challenged us to use Inchies.

I only have time for a quick post right now, so I can't go into alot of detail about my card. My inchie tiles started off with some pretty cool looking Copic marker backgrounds, which I'll show you how to do in another post. I stamped my tiles with small stamps from several smARTworks sets and then highlighted some of the images with a white Prismacolor pencil. Finally, I embossed each tile with 2 coats of clear EP. The background is made by sticking Magic Mesh (remember that stuff) to a brayer and then using it to apply a light coat of Gesso.

I'll try to come back later and post the missing details, but I didn't want to be late to the party! Check out the other Design Team blogs for more inchie fun:

Susan (and Sarah)
Dina
Donelda
Giovana
Trish

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is sooo pretty! Can't wait to get more details on how you did the background. Great layout, too (that silver cording is a perfect touch!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice card, love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the modern appeal of this card, Donna!

    And what a great idea for Magic Mesh... I think I still have some in really bright green stuck in the back of one of my drawers. May be time to blow off the dust!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great!! I can't wait to see how you made those colored backgrounds!! And I love the white coloring on the flowers!! But I think that mess background is AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!