Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Celebrating Another 100...and a First!

I'm going to start with the first because I pretty darned excited about it.  This card features my very first illustration-turned-rubber-stamp!  It's available from Starving Artistamps and I shamelessly encourage each and every one of you to order one, or even two!  I also have a lighthouse stamp that I illustrated, which I'll show you a little later, but you can feel free to buy that one too while you're there, lol!

Alright now, let's talk about the card itself.  I colored my image with Copic markers.  The colors I used are as close as I could approximate the colors for Color Throwdown Challenge #100.  So there's the 100, and it's a biggie, too!  Go check out the prizes (including that sweet Giggle Bears, Birds and Bees set from Starving Artistamps) that are up for grabs and tell me it not worth making a card and joining the fun.  Go ahead...try to tell me that! 

There could be yet another hundred here today, but I'm not celebrating that one.  It was 101 here yesterday, it's supposed to be near 100 here today, and tomorrow doesn't look much better.  Yikes!  Every day like this is 100 more reasons I'm happy we decided to spend the money to install central air in our house, which believe me, I am celebrating.  If you're stuck in this brutal heat wave, too, I hope you've been able to find refuge from the heat. 

Stay cool!

18 comments:

  1. congrats...this is awesome...great CTD card..have a fantastic day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Donna, your image is wonderful and your coloring is super!! Thank you so much for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza. great color work and I love this image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your illustration turning into a stamp! Beautiful coloring! We're having triple digits here today too, so I'm staying indoors where it's cool! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, this is fabulous! congratulations!! I love the colors on this card, esp. the RED! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great colors and such a diffferent image, nice job

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great stamp! being from New Eng we see walls like this alot when driving along the coastline!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!!! It's a fabulous card and your illustration turned stamp is simply beautiful. WOW WOW WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your art! It is a wonderful stamp and a lovely card! thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it...we are on vacation at the beach right now so this card is perfect in my opinion!! Thanks for playing along with this 100th Color Throwdown challenge!! Make sure to leave some love along the way and increase you changes to win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all for your lovely comments...I take great delight in reading each and every one of them. I'm from New England, and this is such an iconic image that I just HAD to draw it. I'm so pleased that some of you felt like this said "home" to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love seeing different, unique stamps...this looks great in the throwdown colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous!! Congrats on the stamp introduction! Thanks so much for playing along with Color Throwdown 100!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well now look at that stamp girl!!! Dee it looks almost as great as the original. Congrats on the stamp. And sorry about the temps we moved your way. :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty card and congrats on your first stamp!! Love it, tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope your heat wave has passed, Donna. Congrats on the illustration being made into a stamp. You do the most amazing things!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations!! I am so excited for you!! I remember when you posted the acual drawing ... loved it then and I love it as a stamp too!!

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!