Friday, July 9, 2010

Something's Fishy!

I've been having a blast drawing fish for an ATC swap over at Drawspace.  I'm loving that I get to use all the really fun colors in my pencil sets!

This first one is a Black and White Heniochus Butterfly Fish.  I love the way the fish came out; not as thrilled with the coral/rock stuff I concocted, but I'm calling it done before I make it any worse. 

And, this second one is a Queen Angelfish.  I used LOTS of pencils coloring this one!

I've also been using these fish as an excuse for not starting my super-scary-I-don't-want-to-do-this-maybe-I-should-just-quit self-portrait for the online art class I'm taking from Cindy Wider (awesome class, btw). Well, I'm happy to report that I've finally started said scary project. The deal I have with myself is that I can't do anything else until that portrait is finished.  No excuses.  Period.  So next time you see me here, you'll be seeing...me.

1 comment:

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!