Thursday, July 15, 2010

Divine Diva Inspiration Challenge 32

Our Inspiration this week comes from the Container store.  Lori chose this lovely gift wrapping for us to work with.  I was inspired by the beautiful soft colors, the delicate flowers, and the distressed background.

The stamp I used for my card is an older Magenta tile/frame stamp, which I just love and have used many, many times.  This time, I stamped and embossed it in white onto a piece of shimmery white cardstock.  I then watercolored the frame and flower with Derwent Inktense pencils.  The mustard yellow background is stamped in a matching color ink with my SU Sanded background stamp.  My apologies for the quality of my photo (it was dark at the time)...in real life the colors are a bit more vibrant. 

Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to see what the other Divine Divas have some up with this week.  You can find their links in my right sidebar.  And, as always, we'd love for you to join us...use keyword DDIC when uploading to Split Coast or Papercraft Planet.

Bye for now, and have a great rest of the week!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I love the colors you chose, Donna!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Donna!! Love the frame!! Great colors and take on the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual your card is spectacular! Love the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, how gorgeous is this? I love the embossed frame - it's a stunning look. You did a great job of emulating the wrapping paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors are just perfect! Love your layout and that beautiful flower image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful frame card, Donna! Love the watercoloring over the white embossing.

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!