Thursday, August 12, 2010

More News

I got a note from Pat Huntoon last week asking if I was interested in joining the Technique Junkies Design Team.  Heck yes!  So I'm happy to announce that I'll be contributing to the newsletters starting with the October/November 2010 issue.  I'm so excited--thanks, Pat!

Today happens to be Try That Technique Thursday at Technique Junkies so I thought I'd play along.  The featured technique this week is Gated Tags from the February/March 2008 newsletter.  I don't usually make these special fold cards, but I have to admit, they are fun.

 

All of the stamps I used for this are from Starving Artistamps.  Since there is so much going on with the card itself, I kept the stamping and coloring simple.  The images are stamped in various shades of chalk ink, and the lighthouses are colored with Prismacolor pencils.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I love the light house images colored with the chalks!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I love the nautical theme. Welcome to the team. I have my computer guy working on getting you added to my blogroll. Why can't I do it myself? Anything on my left hand bar is complicated--long story.

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!