Sunday, August 8, 2010

Smooth Sailing

It's official.  Friday was my last day at work, and I'm retired...nothing but smooth sailing from here on out!  My husband will follow along sometime before the end of the year. 

So many people have asked me lately how I will keep myself busy.  Won't I be bored?  Um, no.  My job was the boring thing that got in the way of all the things I want to do.  No.  I won't be bored.  Yes. I will be busy. 

One of the things I plan to busy myself with is this blog.  More and more I've been feeling like I need to have two blogs--one for my cards and one for my art.  On the card blog, I'd like to start a challenge, do some tutorials, and be much more consistent in the way I present the cards.  My art blog will be a place for me to post my artwork and my thoughts--I envision this blog as an online art journal.

For now though, I'll keep sharing cards here like I always have.  This one uses stamps from Starving Artistamps --my buoy background and the sail boat from the Juniper and Jupiter Go to the Beach set. I stamped the background with Tea Dye Distress Ink onto a piece of paper from the Basic Grey Basics Kraft paper pad.  The sail boat is colored with Copic markers, and I used a few long forgotten white snaps for embellishment.

Enjoy your day!

4 comments:

  1. OH Donna! I'm absolutely thrilled for you! Now you will be able to create and grow and enjoy. I know you have so much you want to do. I'm glad you will be expanding your blogging- I'm really looking forward to it. YEAHHHHH!!! YIPPPEEEEE!!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you, Donna! I know positively that you will not be bored. Congratulations on your retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well congratulations!! I can hardly wait to be inspired by you and participate in all your great challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes, and can I say you hardly look old enough to actually retire!!

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!