Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fall is Here for Real

We had a light frost last night so it officially feels like Fall around here.  The foliage isn't at peak yet, but we have quite a bit of color and the air is filled with the sweet smell of dried leaves.  This is my absolute favorite time of year.  I love the weather, the colors, and the upcoming holidays--starting with Halloween.

I really enjoy making Halloween cards so I'm only too happy to be working on my design team cards for my latest batch of stamps from Starving Artistamps.  The card I made today uses the jack-o-lantern faces from the DoodleFactory Gourds and Pumpkins set and Hollow from the DoodleFactory Ghoulies set. 

The glowing faces in the background are done with a simple resist technique.  I stamped the faces with Versamark and then embossed them with clear embossing powder.  Then, I just smooshed on some Weathered Wood Distress Ink and used a paper towel to wipe the ink away from the faces.

I made my frame from scraps of paper.  I cut a bunch of 1.25" square from scraps and glued them down to a piece of thin cardstock and then I cut out a variety of shapes, including this frame.  I put a piece of vellum behind the frame so that Hollow, colored with Copic markers, would stand out a bit from all the chaos.

Thanks for stopping by my studio!

2 comments:

  1. Love this fantastic ghoulish design ... and what a great idea for making a puatchwork frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna- I absolutely love this card you've done! Your eclectic use of materials is fantastic.
    BTW- I saw your beautiful photos for the DrawPJ challenge. I'll try to participate.
    You are SO CREATIVE! It's always a delight to visit.

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!