Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tuesday in My Studio

I spent the entire day today noodling around in my studio.  I made lots of cards, worked on room layout for my drawing class, and I also did some more on a portrait of our granddaughter Hannah.  Not a bad day's work, if I do say so.

Here's one of the cards I did today.  It's a quick little card that I made using the DoodleFactory Gourds and Pumpkins set from Starving Artistamps and this week's sketch from Card Positioning Systems.  I stamped the pumpkin and gourd onto orange paper and colored them with Prismacolor pencils.  The printed paper I used is Basic Grey Indian Summer and my scalloped mat is embellished with cinnamon Stickles.  The rest is pretty straightforward, I think, but if you have a question, just holler.

And here's where I'm at with Hannah's portrait.  I've got about 10 hours into it so far, and I'm guessing it will take me at least another 8 to 10 hours to finish.  I have no idea how long it should take to do a graphite portrait this size (9" x 12"), but I thought it would be quicker.  I've spent a lot of time fussing with her mouth and eyes, and I'm not through fussing yet!  It's coming along, though, and I'm pleased with it so I'll just take my time and finish when I finish.  Thank goodness I don't have a deadline!


Well, that's a little peek at what Tuesday looked like in my studio.  What I should also show you is a picture of the mess I made, but I won't.  Not that I wouldn't show you, but if I go in there to take a picture, I'll have to look at the mess again, and I just can't bring myself to do that.  Yeah, it's pretty bad!

Have a nice evening (or morning, or afternoon)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!