Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Tree is Gone...

So it's official...Christmas is over at our house. DH and I have been putting Christmas stuff away all day, and he just got through dragging the tree the woods in back of our house. The family room looks so empty now, but at least I don't have to water it!

I did find some time to stamp early this morning, so I tried my hand at the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. This week's inspiration piece had a lot going on, so I concentrated on the colors and mix of textures. All of the stamps I used are available from Starving Artistamps, including that cool crackled mosaic background. If you'd like to see how made the background for this card, check out Tracey's tutorial on how to use her mosaic stamps.

The inks I used on this card are Yellow Cadmium and Dark Moss Colorbox Fluid Chalk, Cocoa Colorbox Pigment, and Vintage Photo Ranger Distress. I also added a bit of highlighting to the daisy with my Prismacolor pencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!