Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It's Tea Time!

It's time for another smART Cookies Tea Party, and this week our hostess, Heidi, has us bursting into bloom. Our "challenge" was to use flower stamps. Using flowers is definitely not a challenge for me, but it certainly is fun, so thank you muchly, Heidi!

I've been wanting to try Inchies for a while now, and when I saw the card that Susan Liles posted for Jen Del Muro's Sketch For You to Try challenge, I also had the perfect layout to use with them.

The stamps I used are from smARTworks: the periwinkles from the Friendship's Flowers set and the saying from Lilac Blessings. I colored the flowers with Prismacolor markers, and since I didn't have any cardstock to match, I also colored the circle behind the saying. And...since I only had one scrap of printed paper that went and I needed two shades, I also used a Prismacolor marker to darken the color of the mats behind my Inchies. I did happen to have some brads that were the exact right color, though. Go figure!

Don't forget to check out the other Cookies' creations: Heidi, Susan T., Dina, and Trish.

Happy Spring and Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

  1. So pretty Donna! Love the brads and the embossing folder looks beautiful with these stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! That embossed base sets the stage for a lovely card. Great job with the inchies, too!

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!