Sunday, June 27, 2010

Fun Stuff!

True to plan, I've been packing lots of fun into this weekend.  Yesterday, Dave and I went out and did some shopping, and I scored a couple of new outfits and an external hard drive so that I can back up my thousands of photos.  We had dinner out and stopped for an ice cream cone afterwards, and then I spent a couple hours in my studio.  After Dave went to bed, I indulged myself with a couple of episodes of True Blood.  What a perfect day!

Today is going pretty well, too, even though I do have to do a couple of unavoidable chores, like laundry.  I slept in a bit, had a late breakfast, and noodled around in my studio all morning finishing up a few projects I have in the works.  This little pink fish ATC is my favorite of the lot:

It's done with Prismacolor pencils and Derwent Inktense pencils on Arches hot press watercolor paper.  Fun stuff, but I have to stop now because I have to get ready to go to a party.

The only bad thing about a weekend like this is that work is going to stink all that much more on tomorrow morning, lol.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. You amaze me what you do with pencils! Your pink fish is GORGEOUS! What a beautiful piece of artwork Donna. Your multi talents are inspiring. I'm glad you've had such a fun filled weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing fish. I hope your work week surprises you and is as pleasant as a work week can be.

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!