Saturday, June 26, 2010

Happy Saturday!

Phew!  Made it through another work week.  This one was especially challenging to put it nicely. Next week isn't shaping up to be much better, so I plan to get as much enjoyment out of this weekend as possible!

For today's card, I thought I'd share this one made with a butterfly image from Starving Artistamps.  Making this was so much fun, I'm not sure why it's still legal!  I started with a technique from Technique Junkies called Double Duty Melted Wax.  It's a simple technique:  stamp your image on white cardstock, add crayon shavings (just scrape the side of the crayons with a craft knife), cover with parchment paper, and heat with a craft iron until the wax melts, which it does pretty quickly.  When I did mine, I still had some of the white paper showing through. I was using my Clover mini-iron with a tiny little sole plate, so I just melted some crayon right on the iron and applied it directly to the paper with the iron, which I think is the traditional en-caustic painting technique.  Whatever it's called, it's pure fun!  In not time flat, I had five of these butterflies colored using different color schemes.

I didn't put a sentiment on this card because this is one that I can use in a pinch for many different things.  When I decide to use the card, I'll add a sentiment to the white tag and also attach a gift card, money, a piece of chocolate...whatever is appropriate. 

I hope your enjoying your weekend, too, and can have a little fun of your own.  Bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. I think you are one of the most productive people I know!!! Lovely card. Hope the rest of your weekend goes well and is fun. We are going on a ride tomorrow- so I'm looking forward to a day away from the retail counter. See ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, I love that butterfly! I have to admit I'm clueless when it comes to understanding what you relate as the techniques you use, but I do know what I like, and that butterfly is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!