Thursday, June 10, 2010

I'm in technique-trying-supply-buying heaven!

The latest issue of the Technique Junkies Newsletter came out a couple of weeks ago, and I've been in heaven ever since.  Normally, there are several techniques I want to try, a few I like but don't have the supplies for, and a few I really don't care for.  This latest issue is one of those really fun ones...I like just about every technique AND I have most of the stuff I need.  Most of the stuff, not all of the stuff, which to me is the perfect situation.  I can do plenty of playing with what I have, but I still "need" to make a trip to an art supply shop, or even better, a rubber stamp show which just happened to be nearby last weekend.  Just doesn't get any better than that!

On this card, I tried out the Antique Wallpaper technique and I'll be darned if it doesn't look just like a piece of antique wallpaper!  The image, a Hero Arts stamp that I've had forever, is stamped with Adirondack Pesto Ink onto cardstock that I first airbrushed with a light green Copic marker.  I then colored the carnation with more Copic markers. 

I hope you've found a little crafting heaven of your own this week!  Bye for now...

4 comments:

  1. Wow Donna!!You are so right about it looking so much like a piece of antique wallpaper!!Awesome!!I love the coloring of that image and the colors too!!!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, you are right, that piece does look exactly like a piece of antique wallpaper. What a great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Antique wallpaper on the money!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is sooo beautiful ... thank you for sharing ..yours in ink anne marie

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!