Saturday, October 13, 2007

Spooky?

Ever have one of those weeks when you just couldn't seem to get out of your own way? That was my whole week last week. Everything I picked up, I dropped. Everywhere I went (if I remembered I needed to go in the first place), I was late. Everything I tried to do, I messed up. Needless to say, it was one loooong week!

Things seem to be going much better this weekend. I've had this card on my desk all week, and this morning after many failed design experiments, it finally came together. I should have taken a picture of all the scraps this card generated -- it was a pretty impressive pile!

For this card, I used the layout for Sketch Challenge #145 over at Splitcoast Stampers. I'm happy with the end result, but I did find the layout a bit challenging, which is the point I guess. The cute little ghost is from Holly Berry House. He's stamped on shimmery white paper for extra spookiness. The striped paper is from DCWV, the dots on the orange mat are Lime Green Stickles, and the tag and embossed panels are Cuttlebugged.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you had such a crummy week! This card is super cute though! Love the embossing on the green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't "do" Halloween, but I love the Halloween color combo and the card design. Maybe this week instead of in your own way, you'll be ahead of yourself. ~hee hee

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!