Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Look what I learned in class!

I took a class at my LSS, the Stamp and Scrap Nest in Simsbury, CT, on Saturday. If you're in the area, be sure to stop in...Susan and her staff are so helpful, and she's always got something new to try (and buy, of course)!

OK, back to the class. Theresa Winters from Dreamweaver Stencils taught us several different techniques using the stencils with embossing paste. Theresa is an absolute riot and a darned good teacher too. She kept the class moving along, answered everyone's questions, gave us a million great tips, and kept us in stitches the entire day. If you ever have the chance to take one of her classes don't pass it up!

The technique I used for this card is basic paste embossing with gold leafing applied. In a nutshell, you do the paste embossing and let it dry. Then, you realign the stencil and dab on some Palette Stamp & Stick. Next, remove the stencil and heat the Stamp & Stick until tacky and apply the gold leaf. The leafing I used here is a gorgeous varigated green available from Dreamweaver.

I'll be back tomorrow with more cards because tomorrow is the first posting of the brand new smARTworks smART Cookies Tea Party. The design team members will be taking turns issuing challenges, which will be posted every other Wednesday starting tomorrow. I'll be posting my cards and the challenge, which happens to be a sketch this time, tomorrow afternoon so be sure to stop by and join the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!