Thursday, May 6, 2010

Divine Diva Inspiration Challenge 27

It's time for another Divine Diva Inspirations challenge, and this time, I even had time to make a card.  When  looked at the inspiration photo (from The Inglenook Decor) for today's challenge, the first things I noticed were the white alabaster frames and those beautiful butterflies.  Even though the arrangement in the photo is fairly monochromatic, a closer look revealed all kinds of shapes, textures, and materials.  I incorporated a few of my favorites in my card -- the shimmer of pearls, the colors of shells, and even some beads.
I will admit that the beading on this card took a fair amount of time, but it's not hard to do.  I pierced holes around the edge of the brown panel by using my sewing machine unthreaded.  I attached the beads by using a running stitch by hand.  You actually have to go twice around to get a solid line of beads, which is what makes it time intensive.

The rest of the card is very quick and easy.  The reddish panel is just a piece of cardstock with some acrylic pearlizing medium dabbed on.  Once the paint dried, I ran it through my Cuttlebug and embossed it with a swirl pattern.  I distressed the edges, and since I had my sewing machine out, I stitched around the edges, too.  The butterfly is a Creative Imaginations adhesive rub-on on brown card stock, foiled with gold foil.  My white frame is cut with a Nestabilities die from pearlescent paper.  The only stamp I used was the sentiment (Stampin' Up).

It's good to be back after my little hiatus, and I can't wait to see what the other Divine Diva team members came up with. You can see all of their creations on their blogs: Anne, Chris, Lori, Julie, and Kerri.  And, don't forget that you're welcome to join us.  If you do, post a link on Lori's blog, and if you upload to Splitcoast Stampers or Papercraft Planet, use the keyword DDIC.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Donna! I am really impressed with your beading - I don't think I have the patience, LOL! I love the red BG and your gorgeous butterfly. Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Donna!! I just love the butterfly, the fleur de lis frame, the stitching and the texture. Great take on the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, I love the butterfly, and your bg color!! The lacy frame really appealed to me too! Lovely job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful, Donna! I love the shabby/chic elegance of it. WOW! The beaded frame is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely! That row of beads adds so much texture, and I adore that foiled butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this is gorgeous, Donna! I love the frame you made with the beads~so creative!!! That Spellbinders frame and butterfly are just perfect with the inspiration pic!

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!