Thursday, May 20, 2010

Divine Diva Inspiration Challenge 28

I love Clinique Bonus time, and I still can't believe I didn't get this one.  But, thanks to Lori choosing this photo as our inspiration this week, at least I have a card!

This card was really pretty easy to make.  I embossed a scrap of hot pressed watercolor paper (unlike cold-pressed, it's smooth) and then added color with Inktense pencils.  I didn't actually draw on the paper, I took color from the tips of the pencils with my wet brush and painted the colors on.  The butterfly is from Starving Artistamps, and it's colored very quickly with Copic markers.  The whole thing took me about an hour, which for me is lightening fast!

The other Divine Divas always come up with some amazing cards, so be sure to have a look at theirs too.  You can see all of their creations on their blogs: Anne, Chris, Lori, Julie, and Kerri.  And, don't forget that you're welcome to join us.  If you do, post a link on Lori's blog, and if you upload to Splitcoast Stampers or Papercraft Planet, use the keyword DDIC.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Well, how awesome are you?!? This is a fabulous idea for the challenge - I just love what you did to your background and the butterfly is stunning! Amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, Donna! That embossing folder is made for this challenge. Now why didn't I think of that, lol? Love the colors and fresh, airy feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how clever Donna!! Love how you added the color to the embossing. Perfect!! Stunning take on the inspiration Donna!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. That butterfly is a perfect match to the photo, and I love how you colored your embossed image! Beautiful, Donna!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna you are so good at using inspiration to create works of art!! wow, this is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!