Saturday, May 29, 2010

Just checking in...

I've been busy working on things but really haven't had anything to post here.  Finally, though, I have a couple of things I can share.

First, I guess I should confess that I've become an Inchie Addict.  I've been doing some swaps on RubberStampChat, and I'm totally hooked on these little things.  Why?  They're tiny, and I've always had an inexplicable desire to make things in miniature.  They're easy, or at least they can be.  They can be made from the tiniest little scraps--again, the inexplicable tiny attraction.  They're FUN!

These are some of the inchies I've made for recent swaps.  I've used all kinds of stamps and techniques here so I won't detail everything here.  But, if you have a question about anything, just drop me an email.

The second thing I have to admit is that I really, really enjoy drawing portraits.  This is a real revelation to me because when I drew my first portrait (the one of my grandson), I didn't so much do it because I wanted to, it was more because I felt that I should try at least try one.  But it was fun!  And I want to do more!

So right now I'm taking Cindy Wider's Portraiture in Your Pyjamas on Drawspace.com, and the second thing I have to share with you today is a graphite portrait I did for that class. 

Well, that's all for now.  Have a great weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. First of all, your portriat is wonderful. I love to draw but find portraits the hardes of all.
    Secondly, I am so glad that I am not the only inchie addict in the world. They really are a lot of fun. Once I start I kinda get hooked on them for a while. Lately I've been experimenting with other sizes as well, like scraplings (get hooked on them too) but today I am totally addicted to the Martha Stewart paper doilies that Christine Middlecamp is making. I've made 2 so far and they are so much fun. I like them for the same reason I like the inchies and other small size items - you get to work on a small pallet and use little bits of scraps (why is that so appealing to me??!!LOL). You should check it out on my blog post which has a link to Christine's site! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your drawing!! You know I'm your greatest admirer. I think you do fantastic work no matter what you tackle. Great job Dee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The portrait is fantastic. You do such a great job on every project you undertake.

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!