Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bright Spot in a Grey Winter Day


Today was a cold, rainy, grey day here. The colors in this card may seem a bit bright, but believe me, they are just the tonic I need on a day like this!

My images are from the DoodleFactory Valentine Remix collection from Starving Artistamps, and I also used the dots background. I colored little Violet with a technique called Penciled Twinks, which uses watercolor pencils wetted with Twinkling H2O's (or any other shimmery watercolor paint) rather than plain water. The effect is overall shimmer. The vine and leaves are stamped directly onto the background and simply colored with Prismacolor pencil. The layout for this card is from Splitcoast Stampers sketch challenge SC215.

Wishing you a bright day!

2 comments:

  1. I am such a fan, Dee. That is beautiful. We need color at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!