Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Variation on a Theme

I liked the first Blocked Collage (Technique Junkies Jan/Feb '09 Newsletter) card I made so well that I decided to try another. On the first card, I highlighted the main image with white Prismacolor pencil. On this version, I highlighted not only the main image, but also the larger flower in the border with Jasmine Yellow. The highlighting is very subtle, but that one small change added so much depth and interest. I only wish I had thought to take a picture so you could see the before and after.

The paper I used on this one is WorldWin Treasures Antique White and WorldWin Medium Outdoor Olive cardstock. Inks are Colorbox Fluid Chalk in Olive Pastel and Dark Moss, all stamps are from smARTworks, and I added a few Dew Drops to finish everything off.

Have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. I love this effect! Gonna have to try it soon. Thanks for the inspo.....................

    Dina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I really love this technique, too! I needed to renew my TJ subscription, but alas I didn't (budget, you know how it is)...and now I'll never know this technique! Waaaaaaaahh! lol

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!