Saturday, February 28, 2009

It's a Bird, It's a Plane, No...It's Super Yap!


Well, here I am squeaking one in under the wire for Donna's You Want a Piece of Me? challenge over at Papercraft Planet.

I decided to paper piece the DoodleFactory Rooftop backdrop with some of the odds and ends of Basic Grey paper that are really starting to pile up in my scrap folder. I had a truly odd assortment of scraps to work with, but once I put them all together they seemed to go together pretty well. OK. Challenge met. But what to do with my cityscape? In a rare fit of creativity, I gave Yapples a cape and turned him (her?) into Super Yap! Cracked myself right up, I tell ya!

Hope you're having a super day!

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS, that is the funniest thing ever! Super Yap, I love it.

    Also, I think if you're ever in doubt, it's likely a DF character is a boy since I think most of them are boys. Some can definitely be made to go both ways, but I think the only ones I specifically imagined being girls when I drew them were Frozey, Fern, the Princess from the fairy tale set and the witch from Halloween, and of course the two girl bunnies in the newest set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just way too cute!!!
    I love it!!
    It is just BRILLIANT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness! How creative and cute! I know any little kid who loves super heroes would LOVE this. (I do, too!)

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!