Thursday, February 12, 2009

KISS {Keep It Simple, Stampers!}

I love to paint and color and will spend hours experimenting with different mediums trying to get the shading and highlights just right for a particular card. I enjoy cutting out even the most intricate designs. I'll pour over my selection of stamps endlessly to come up with just the right combination. These are all things that, for me, make stamping such an enjoyable and relaxing hobby.

But every now and then, it does feel good to just stamp something. Nothing too fussy or time consuming--just some rubber and ink and little else. This month's Technique Junkies Newsletter has several techniques that fill that need, and I have been stamping with abandon

This card uses the Mono Masking technique--some stamps, some ink, and some simple masking. Fun to do, and I just love the result. The stamps I chose are from Serendipity and Layers of Color. My inks were Memento Tuxedo Black and Pear Tart. I also used a black marker and a Prima flower I had handy. That's it...20 minutes from start to finish. I'm going to make some more of these tonight!

Remember, it's good to KISS now and then!

2 comments:

  1. Well, to me it sure doesn't look simple, Donna. It is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh...the simple card. My FAVORITE kind to make, for sure. Love it! ;0)

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!