Thursday, February 21, 2008

Glitter and Shine

I bought some alcohol inks a few months ago, and I've been completely fascinated with them since then. I always thought they would be messy to work with, but that's not the case...they are nothing but pure fun! I sat down the other day and made up a bunch of Polished Stone pieces to have on hand, and I've used them all up already. Darn. I'll have to make some more!

For this card, I overstamped the Polished Stone with the Starving Artistamps Ornate Tooled Leather Background and cut it out with a scalloped rectangle Nestabilities die. The butterfly image is also from Starving Artistamps. (Don't forget...you can get a 10% discount at Starving Artistamps. Click on the icon over to the right to find out how!) I stamped it with black pigment ink, embossed it with black EP, and then used a Quickie glue pen and ultra fine glitter to color in the open areas. The orange background panel is Cuttlebug embossed.

Hang in there, the it's almost Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I gotta try that technique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna! You left me a message on my blog www.kattoys.blogspot.com so I stopped over to see yours. I love your polished stone - I too enjoy using Alcohol inks - I am amazed at how easy they are to work with.

    Thanks for stopping over and I love your blog!

    KAT

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!