Saturday, February 2, 2008

The best laid plans...

I knew I was going to have a very busy week last week, and I had all kinds of plans as to how I was still going to get everything done. I did try, but by Wednesday my plan was out the window and all I could do was try to manage my priorities. As you can see, in the grand scheme of things, my blog didn't make my Priority Top Ten. Ah well...something had to give. It was a very good week though since I was busy doing good things: we made excellent progress and accomplished a major milestone on a project I'm involved with at work, I got some new furniture for my house (somebody pinch me!), and I finished the colored pencil project I've been working on in my art class.

I'll post the colored pencil painting eventually, but for right now I need to post a card. I missed the smARTworks tea party this week, and that makes me sad because I've been enjoying them so much. Our challenge, issued by Dina, was to make a matchbook card. I never did have time to make a card, but here's one I made last year. It's a card that I still love and can't part with. The technique is Serendipity, which you can find on Splitcoast Stampers, and the stamps are from the Heart Duos #3 set from smARTworks. I glued the serendipity squares to a piece of patterned paper and added some red and green Stickles dots for extra glitz.

Have a wonderful Saturday! I'm headed off to my rubber room right now. I seem to have a couple of hours before I need to start running around again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!