Saturday, February 23, 2008

My Kind of Saturday

I did a little bit of cleaning this morning, so now I feel positively entitled to play with my stamps and fool around with my blog. Yup. My kind of Saturday!

This card is my version of Sketch Challenge 164 over at Splitcoast Stampers. I did most of it a couple of days ago, but it didn't seem balanced. I added the gold diecuts in the corners this morning, and I'm happier with it now.

The waterlily is a stamp from smARTworks called Floating. I stamped it with Black Stazon on white cardstock, and then proceeded to mess up a couple of Technique Junkie techniques over top of it. First I did an Opalite Infusion of sorts with Pearl-Ex Blue/Gold ink and SU Classic Always Artichoke. The technique involves layering the ink direct to paper, but my Pearl-Ex ink pad is getting pretty dry, so I didn't have much success. There is some subtle shimmer though, so not a total loss. So next, I thought I'd do Cracked Glass over the top to intensity the colors and the shimmer. Everything was going just fine until I cracked the glass. The EP pulled away from the paper and looked cloudy and just plain yucky next to the black parts of the design. Sigh. I tried the cracking twice, and finally just ended up reheating the EP and leaving it smooth. I guess that's just the way it goes sometimes!

I plan to do a bunch of stamping today, so I'll be back tomorrow. Hope you're enjoying your kind of Saturday just like I am!

1 comment:

  1. I finally got to spend some "quality time" in my stamp room, too...What a relief! I sure am enjoying your works of art - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you...thanks for taking the time to comment!